I am so excited to announce that in the interview series of professional bloggers, today I am sharing interview with Gaurav Kumar. I know Gaurav Kumar from some time but never got the time to read his blog. But when I started I became completely addicted to his blog. What Gaurav Kumar is doing in blogging is really inspirational for any newbie blogger. He is also a real motivation.
I was looking for a chance to connect with him so that I can know more about him and interview him. I just got lucky today and we both managed out time for interview. If you also didn`t had the time to know about Gaurav Kumar, here is your chance.
Let`s start with introduction.
1) Hi Gaurav, I am glad to have managed your for this interview session? A little introduction will be a good start for my readers.
Gaurav: Hi Pawan, This is me, Gaurav Kumar; founder of eAskme. I am a motivational speaker and professional blogger from Chandigarh, India. I completed my graduation in Bachelor of Arts and worked in MNC`s for some time.
While working in MNC and shifts I learned how to manage clients and satisfy them. But I was not an MNC guy so I was not satisfied with what I was doing. After some time I realized my love about reading and writing is the only way which can give me freedom from MNC`s and I can be my own boss. I don`t just do blogging all the time but also have fun in my life.
2) How you got into blogging?
Gaurav: In the beginning I was not aware about blogging and such stuff. I just used to surf internet to find knowledge about how to do things. At that time I was working in an MNC. But I was looking for a change where I need not to work in shifts and can have more relaxed environment.
One day I was at a games parlour in Chandigarh, where I met one of the common friend of my best friend. He is 8 years younger than me. He asked me what I was doing and I told that trying to quit the job. His answer was why don`t you do blogging as you spend hours daily on internet.
I did not understand what he was babbling about. So I asked him what is blog, how to do blogging, how to make money etc. He was also a newbie so he just told me that go to blogspot.com login with your Gmail id and password and there you will get options to start a blog.
I came back home, did some research and start my very first blog on BlogSpot, which was a news blog. I applied for Adsense and got approved. That blog was a hit of the year for me as first month I made $1, second month I made $10 and third month my earning reached $500+ from the same blog.
That was the time when I finally decided that companies are not for me. I am my own boss now.
3) What is the scope of blogging in India?
Gaurav: In India, blogging is in growth period. Everyday more and more bloggers are joining blogosphere. Blogging is a full time profession, but for those only who takes it seriously.
Blogging is a serious and full time profession. It can be the solution of hidden-unemployment, where people are wasting their spare time and also a great solution for those who are looking for full time job.
Internet is everywhere now; people are more habitual to search on Google than asking other person for advice. So in coming days we will see more blogs and bloggers joining blogging as full time career. So there is high hope of major growth in blogging in India.
4) How a completely new person to blogging can start a blog?
Gaurav: You have asked such a nice question. Starting a blog is the step where 90% bloggers make mistakes. Either they choose wrong niche, domain, hosting or they use the ways which we call unethical.
- Read: 9 Best Evergreen Niches you can serve for next 100 years.
- Read: Top 1o Evergreen Niches to start blogging.
I know most of the Indian population do not know what a blog or blogging is all about?
That is why I have created a blogger for money guide to help people who want to learn blogging. I have also launched a Learn Blogging online coaching classes where people can join and start learning blogging either one-on-one session or group sessions.
If a person wants to be a blogger he should always start with doing research, Learn SEO and understand promotions and after that launch his blog.
- Read: 16 On Page SEO factors of 2016: Get better Google ranking.
- Read: 2 Off site SEO factors are enough to rank better on Google
5) What are the best ways to make money blogging?
Gaurav : When it comes to blogging there are numerous number of ways you can make money online. I like to share the most popular ways here.
1) Contextual ad networks (Google/Bing)
2) Affiliate marketing
3) Sposnored reviews
4) Paid article writing
6) Native Ads
7) Direct Ad selling (BuySellAds)
8) Creating and selling blogs (Flippa)
Selling Direct ads and Affiliate marketing are the ways which make a blogger earn thousands of dollars.
6) How Much Money a Blogger can Earn?
Gaurav: This is one of the most asked question to me. Every new person have same question. I must say that there is no limit on earning when it comes to blogging. A blogger can earn anywhere between $1-$1,000,000 per month. Earning of a blogger is totally depends upon the knowledge, appeal, writing style, promotion and engagement.
I like to mention here that still 90% blogger are not able to make a countable amount. I know many bloggers in India who are making more than $20,000 per month, some are million dollar bloggers and I have also seen many blogger who can`t even make $100 per month.
So earning completely depends upon the efforts of a blogger.
7) What are the blogs that you follow?
Gaurav: I must say that at any point of time you cannot think that you know everything. Learning is an ever going process. I also studied many blogs in the beginning of my blogging career. It is not easy to name all of them here, so I will share the most popular.
8) Where you share you blog to get maximum traffic?
Gaurav: Being social is a good thing and social networks are the biggest platform to gain huge traffic. I do not use any paid promotion still I get major traffic from Google Plus, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Tumblr. You can also get free traffic from Quora.
If a person wants to grab more traffic he should share his blog on Stumbleupon, Linkedin, Scoop.it, Indiblogger and on social bookmarking sites.
9) Bloggers mostly spend whole time in front of laptop, how you get time for fun and family?
Gaurav: There is no doubt that blogging is a hard work buy one should do it smartly. I travel a lot with my friends. When I have to go out for days or weeks then I keep Wifi device and laptop with me.
I must clear one big dilemma which is in the minds of many bloggers that sitting in front of the system will help you make money. I work hardly 5 to 8 hours daily and rest all the time I have for my family and friends. 1-2 hours on blog, and rest of the time on promotions and handling queries and clients.
I also like to tell that I have seen a great type of laziness in many newbie bloggers. they sit in front of the pc for blogging but they spend time chatting on Facebook and then they complain that they spend all the time in front of system still no making any money. Lol.
10) Recommend blogging tools
Gaurav: The best tools that I use always are
- SEMRush (read: SEMrush review: a tool to replace online rival)
- Google Analytics
- Facebook power editor
11) How a blogger can manage his health while blogging?
Gaurav: here are few things that I like to share with all who are doing blogging or want to do blogging that Health is Wealth. Always care about your health first.
- Do not sit in front of computer/laptop for long hours.
- Take break at least for 5 minutes after every hour.
- Use 20:20 formula. After every 20 minutes keep your eyes away from computer for atleast 20 seconds and look as far as you can.
- Drink more water
- Do exercise regularly (running, cycling, skipping, yoga etc)
- Never take stress
11) Please share your blogs and social media so my readers can connect with you.
Gaurav: I am running various blogsCurrently there are few blogs which are actively running under my blogging network.
– eAskme: Ask me anything for All
– WikiAskme: Technology Blog
– Wikihealthblog : A health blog
– iOSCrunch: It is a niche blog
– AwardWinningBlog : a Newbie blog
– Facebook- http://www.facebook.com/easkmewebsite
– Twitter – http://www.twitter.com/makone007
– Pinterest – https://in.pinterest.com/founderofeaskme/
– Connect with me on twitter and Facebook.
- Read: Interview with Neil Patel.
- Read: Interview with Kulwant Nagi an Indian Professional blogger.
- Read: Interview with Ankit Singla, founder of Bloggertipstricks.
- Read: Interview with Raman Sharma founder of AllUseFulInfo.
This is really amazing to have Gaurav Kumar here for pro blogger interview session. There is so much a person can learn from him and from his blogs. You should check his blogs to learn his stuff.
I would like to thank Gaurav Kumar for managing his precious time for the sake of this interview.
Are you inspired by Gaurav? Do you want to know more about him? Don`t forget to share your views via comments.