This is a guest contibution by Jason from wordsuccor.com
There has been a continuous rise in the multi-screen world where you find tons of different devices launching every other week. This continuous growth has made it difficult for webmastes to reach to their targeted audience.
Those days are gone when you had to just build a site for desktop. Today, in order to reach to a wider audience, you have to build is site that is compatible with every screen size and device available. Also according to recent Google algorithm update,
Google has announced that it will priortize mobile-friendly websites and reward them by ranking them higher.
Thus to help you ensure that you have built a completely responsive website, we have compiled a list of best responsive web design testing tool.
5 Best Tools to check Website Responsiveness
Responsive Design Checker is a free responsive website design testing tool that not only boasts of a neat interface but also provides you a simple to follow testing process. All you have to provide is the URL of your website and hit go to check how responsive it is on different devices.
Amazing features of Responsive Design Checker
- Lets you select any device like Nexus 7 and check the responsiveness of your website
- Allows you to check your website in Landscape and portrait modes
- Supports various devices and screen sizes
- Also lets you enter a custom screen size to check your website’s responsiveness
Respondr is an extremely simple, useful and lightweight responsive website design testing tool that enables you to check the responsiveness of your website by just providing the URL of your website you want to test.
Impressive features of Respondr
- Lets you easily preview at an appropriate width
- Provides complete analysis of the website or webpage for the device you have selected
- Allows you to switch between devices or choose a particular screen size for custom previews
Screenfly is yet another amazing multi-device compatibility testing tool that enables you to test your website for responsiveness by letting you preview your web pages on different devices. It lets you enter your website link in the option provided and check if it’s compatible with tablet, mobile, smartphone, desktop and more.
Outstanding Features of Screenfly
- Supports a variety of screen sizes and resolutions
- Automatically detects if the link entered has a mobile website and even redirects you to it
- Lets you click on the icon provided in the top bar to switch between screen resolutions
- Even lets you enter a custom screen size
- Allows you to generate a URL to share the design with others
ViewPort Resizer is a browser bookmarklet that can be utilized with any modern web browser to test your website for responsiveness. ViewPort Resizer is a user-friendly browser tool which comes with a variety of customization options to customize its settings.
Additional features of ViewPort Resizer
- Lets you choose an initial range of screen resolution sizes to help you build a custom bookmarklet
- Lets you add and customize sizes on the fly
- Provides manual orientation toggle by click
- Automatically device window orientation in “Auto Size” mode (portrait | landscape)
- Offers support for Media query
- Also comes with Viewport animation
- Adapts meta viewport tag from current page
- Is completely Vector-based
Froont is one of the popular web-based design tools that makes responsive website design testing available to every type of designer. It tests each URL specifically as well as the designs on real devices.
Froont also allows you to create responsive landing pages and publications without the help of a developer.
Impressive features of Froont
- Comes integrated with a visual drag and drop editor
- Fully controls how your website layout performs on mobile devices.
- Also lets you create simple and effective animations and parallax effects to jazz up the design
- Has a huge library of components which is filled with predesign and smart elements to streamline design process
- Also allows you to host your website on Froont and it will automatically optimize your website for speed
- Comes with export functionality to enable you to export the code
Responsiveness has become the need of the hour and overlooking the importance of having a mobile-friendly website can not only influence your user experience but also search engine rankings.
Thus it’s extremely significant to keep your website up-to-date with the latest web design trends. Use the aforementioned tools to get your responsive website design layout right.