So finally you decided to start blogging, no doubt we all are with you. But before you have your blog online you must be sure of about what topics your blog would be? means to decide blog niche and later to this, you can choose a domain name for it.
New bloggers say now finding a blogging niche is difficult, why? daily thousands and thousand of the website are created in each niche.
New bloggers say “the good ideas are already taken” or “there is no room left for them,”.
Are these thoughts troubling new bloggers to enter into the blogosphere? No.
I say “they’re unlimited numbers of discovered and undiscovered ideas that can turn your website into a successful one, even when the market is saturated, something is always missing that you can fill”. You just have to spend your time to figure it out and become a hero. It is not that easy, but if you’re willing, you cannot give up.
Selecting a niche is a long-term decision, but if it’s the wrong one, it’s not a long-term loss. You may fail, but as long as you learn it is time well invested.
You as a starter must be thinking Will anybody read the content you produce?
It’s a usual question but not to ignore. If you willing to create a popular and profitable site, you will have to work hard, you will have to invest your thousands of hours for next some years, you’ll have to write about the topic you like to explore and that also come to use of other.
You need to write about something people searching for, these days long tail keywords are in fashion.
You must have a question how will you approach them? It is one of the toughest work for the site owner who sit ideally after getting his blog online and waiting for visitors to come on their own. And it is also not very much tough for bloggers who start writing that is worth for other, analyze valuable keywords and more.
Doing keywords research has a big role in attracting organic visitors to your blog, well this is not the topic of this articles I have created separate articles on this.
Apart from content your blog niche and keywords contained within a domain also helps you to get popularity. Before you decide to do a research on how many people are actually searching for your topic in the search engines.
4 general points to keen when you decide blog niche
- It is necessary for you to feel passionate about the topic on which you are going to make your website.
- Enough people must be buying products related to the niche or spending their time knowing more about your niche.
- It shouldn’t be too competitive.
- If you can find some products to promote (from affiliate networks we joined before) in your niche, that’s even better.
9 advice to decide blog niche, better one
#1-Try Better New rather Brand New
After reading above heading most of understood to start totally different ideas. This could be your experiment if it works excellent else try another. But I mean to do the same thing what other are doing but in a better way. When you do the same task with better quality people attract towards you.
- It’s not simple to adventure something totally different new brand.
- Even if you do it, as I said above it would be an experiment. But if you do the better work of already maintained audience, easily you can shift your competitor’s audience to your site.
#2- Try to choose specific niche
What is a niche site?
Niche site simply refers to a website that focuses on specific useful and interesting products or tutorials.
Examples of a niche site: My own site Blogging Nuts (blogging tips and online money making), Blogging Cage (online money making), Backlinko (building backlinks) and much more there. These are niche websites example. This website focuses only on certain topics.
If you decide blog niche that is specialized in the certain area, it increases your chances of getting better ranking.
#3-You should like the topic yourself
Pick a topic that you find interesting. To be able to create value, fill a void. Otherwise, you might get bored and won’t be able to contribute much. It can grow really well if it is your hobby you absolutely love. Is it travel, politics, teaching, cooking or something else?
#4-Are enough people buying or looking for more information in your niche?
You may choose one topic, but if there are not many people looking at it, then your website won’t get much traffic. So select a topic of your choice, but it should be something that others are searching for as well.
#5-Is your niche too competitive?
Your niche shouldn’t be too broad that your direct competition is with big companies. For example, if you like cooking, a blog on just ‘recipes’ will be too broad. I’ll recommend that you should rather make a blog on ‘vegetarian recipes’ or maybe can go even narrow to ‘healthy vegetarian recipes’. So if you like cooking, you can make a website on ‘healthy recipes’, ‘protein rich recipes’, ‘weight loss recipes’ etc.
If you like fitness, you can make a website on yoga, bodybuilding for beginners etc. and not just on ‘fitness’.
#6-Are there enough advertisers to promote?
If there is nothing to recommend and gain commissions from in your niche, it will be harder for you to monetize your website. You can always place ads (example: Google Ads) on your website. But, we hardly recommend choosing a niche with enough advertisers to promote. For example: Go on ebay.com and amazon.com and see their best-selling products.
#7-Here are some topics/niches for you to brainstorm
– Accessories – Cosmetics/Fragrance, Handbags, Jewelry – Shoes
– Art/Photo/Music – Art, Music, Photo
– Automotive – Cars & Trucks, Motorcycles, Parts & Accessories, Rentals, Tools and Supplies
– Books/Media – Audio Books, Books, Magazines, News, Television, Videos/Movies
– Business – Business-To-Business, Marketing, Office, Productivity Tools, Travel
– Careers – Employment
– Clothing/Apparel – Children’s, Malls, Men’s, Women’s
– Commerce – Auction, Classifieds, E-commerce solutions/providers, New/Used Goods, Telephone services, Utilities
– Computer & Electronics – Computer HW, Computer Support, Computer SW, Consumer Electronics, Peripherals
– Education – Children, College, Languages, Professional
– Family – Babies, Children, Entertainment, Teens, Weddings
– Financial services – Banking/Trading, Credit Cards, Investment, Loans, Real Estate Services
– Food & Drinks – Gourmet, Groceries, Restaurants, Tobacco, Wine & Spirits
– Games & Toys – Electronic Toys, Games, Toys
– Gifts & Flowers – Care Packages, Collectibles, Flowers, Gifts, Greeting Cards
– Health & Beauty – Bath & Body, Cosmetics, Health Food, Nutritional Supplements, Pharmaceuticals, Self Help, Vision Care, Wellness
– Home & Garden – Bed & Bath, Construction, Furniture, Garden, Home Appliances, Kitchen, Pets, Real Estate, Utilities
– Insurance – Commercial, Personal Insurance
– Legal Services
– Marketing – Business-to-Business, Network Marketing
– Medical – Equipment
– Phonecard Services -Online/Wireless
– Recreation & Leisure – Astrology, Betting/Gaming, Communities, Events, Matchmaking, New Age, Outdoors, Party Goods
– Sports & Fitness – Exercise & Health, Professional Sports Organizations, Sports, Water Sports
– Travel – Accessories, Air, Car, Hotel, Luggage, Vacation
– Web Services – Advice, Banner ads, Domain Registrations, Email Marketing, Internet Service Providers, Intranets, Search Engine, Web Design, Web Hosting/Servers, Web Tools.
#8-Useful tools to know what people are searching online (Keyword tools for suggestion)
In the following tools, when you’ll enter something (for example: ‘yoga’), you’ll find out what people are searching around it.
http://www.bing.com/toolbox/keywords – You’ll need to sign up for the free Bing Webmaster tools.
http://www.google.com/sktool/ – The best keyword research tool. But, you need to sign up for a free Adwords account.
Whatever topics you think interests you, you must consider those topics. The saying will always remain true that if you do what you like, then work will become fun and not work at all. It is extremely important you choose an area where you have interest. If you are still facing difficulty I recommend that you shortlist the areas and then do a survey among 20 people within your friends and family. You will get a fair idea what is trendy and what is not. You can ask people to vote on the area where they search most on the web.
#9-MY PERSONAL APPEAL TO YOU, do 2 things
After you decide blog niche
- Actually, select a topic – You can research on every topic till the time your eyes bleed, but I say “you won’t get any idea until the time you producing content online ”. It is better to choose 50% unsure topic than not choosing any topic at all. You’ll learn more by doing than not.
- Let people view – Bring your content, ideas and work to public eyes, let people see your work. By doing this person give feedback and then actual work start. Now it’s time to dominate, blow people’s minds, go all out, crush it, kill it – whatever phrase you like best, it’s the truth. Work to impress the end user, automatically search engine will reward you.
How do you decide blog niche?
I know there are hundreds of ideas to choose a niche for the website, here I have compiled some reasonable one. If you have some better ideas
If you found this post useful, please do me a quick favor and share it!